You will still need to download a stock ROM in order to install these ROMs. To grab an MIUI ROM, you can search our website with your device name or from the official MIUI Forums. Xiaomi periodically rolls out MIUI updates over the air (OTA) to eliminate bugs and introduce new features.
Recovery ROM can also be flashed using Updater App. Recovery ROMs come with a .zip file extension and can be installed through the Local Update method from within MIUI. You can also use a custom recovery for installing these ROMs, though do note that device-specific instructions may differ in that case. After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.
To verify, go to ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Device Manager’ and verify if the device is being detected as ‘Android Bootloader Interface’. If it does, then you can skip this step and head directly to step #6 below. To do this, you will first need to install an archive utility like 7-Zip or something similar on your computer. Once you have it simply locate the downloaded Fastboot ROM on your computer, right-click on it, select ‘7-Zip’ and then ‘Extract here’. Once this is done, you will get another file in .tar file format. The fastest way to update your Xiaomi phone is by installing the over-the-air (OTA) updates using the built-in Updater mechanism.
- It is very necessary, to avoid loss of data after flashing.
- Although flashing a Custom ROM is not a difficult task, but you need to perform carefully as it might result in a brick.
- Now this will flash the Fastboot MIUI ROM on your phone.
- Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool Latest Version and USB Drivers on your PC.
- We have listed the Xiaomi Redmi Pad Flash File below.
Read Steps to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Stock Rom TWRP Recovery new version, supported android 4, 8, 9, 10, 6, 7, 5, 12, 11, 13. Although flashing a Custom ROM is not a difficult task, but you need to perform carefully as it might result in a brick. If you’re new to third-party ROM, then do check out the below procedure to flash a Custom ROM on any Android phone using TWRP Recovery.
- This way you can install any Smartphone or Tablet of Xiaomi.
- The Xiaomi Corporation is renowned for its innovative and cutting-edge technology, and this is especially true when it comes to its latest stock ROMs.
- The fastboot files can be flashed through this tool in Fastboot Mode or EDL Mode.
- Follow the instructions below to get direct download links to the download latest Mi flash tool.
- The official Xiaomi update process is much more involved than custom ROMs.
- This method could be really helpful when reinstalling the “Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X firmware” on your device.
Now, from TWRP menu, select Wipe, and select Swipe to Factory Reset. This will wipe your app data, but your Media files like photos, videos contacts etc won’t be deleted. First, download the TWRP recovery .zip file for your particular device by clicking here. Flashing this onto the device replaces the default recovery with a third-party customized environment.